GEN4OLIVE Infoday & Matchmaking Event
Meet potential partners and ICT providers in 1:1 meetings and get EU funding to improve the olive pre-breeding process.
Climate change and emerging diseases threaten olive production. Genetic erosion means a high risk since only a 5% of olive varieties are commercially exploited. Olive genetic resources could offer a solution, but these remain unexploited due to the limited development of pre-breeding activities and the lack of collaboration between germplasm banks and farmers.
GEN4OLIVE project has launched its 1st Open Call for Proposals with €750.000 to fund olive pre-breeding activities and new technologies to address this issue and make the breeding process more effective. This event is organised by GEN4OLIVE partners to present the Call for Proposals on 15th of September from 10:00 to 17:00 (CET). The Call for Proposals will be launched on September 1st and will be open until December 1st, 2021.
How does it work?
The event is divided into 2 sessions:
- Information session, 10:00 - 11:30 CET: with speakers from Technological Corporation of Andalusia (CTA) introducing the first call for proposals and the eligibility criteria.
- Matchmaking session, 11:30 -17:00 CET: Participants can arrange one-to-one meetings amongst themselves to discuss cooperation possibilities and find potential partners for future consortia.
Who should join the event?
- European SMEs interested in olive breeding activities: farmers, breeders, nurseries and olive/olive oil producers.
- Biotech and ITs providers that may contribute to accelerate and upgrade the olive genetic resources.
- Agronomic advisers and other experts.
- Academic community.
- Policy-makers and other authorities.